Sunday, March 30, 2003

Cherry Ripe Muffins

Yesterday, I found that Cadbury has brought out a range of packet muffin & cake mixes like Fruit & Nut Muffins & Top Deck Cake. I bought the Cherry Ripe Muffin pack, 'cause I was feeling lazy, but am a little disappointed with the results - not because they're bad, just 'cause they taste... packet -, so here's my made-up version. If someone tests it & has suggestions to make, please email me.

Makes 12

Pre-heat oven to 170ºC.

Mix:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup red maraschino cherries
1 teaspoon salt

Add:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Beat well with a wooden spoon, then add:
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup boiling water

Beat again. Spoon into a greased muffin tray & bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.

No comments: